Logo

Logo

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Norway to Slum dog Millionaire!

Interview

Name and Country - Christa Powell, Norway.

Who have you been working with in Bollywood ?

"I recently performed at the Apsara Awards as a dancer alongside actors Sha Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Viveck Oberoi and actress Kareena Kapoor. This was so much fun, and the costumes were the most extravagant I have ever seen, from glittery face masks and wigs to feathered armbands and battery lit clothing! The choreographer for this years awards was Ganesh Hedge. He is one of India's top commercial choreographers and has worked with the likes of Justin Timberlake and Michael Jackson.

I have also enjoyed dancing to the sets of Dj Aqeel, one of India's favourite Dj's. He is a man with load of charisma and confidence when he Dj's, and great at getting the crowd in a good mood!".

Most memorable experiences ?

"I came out to India in search for something different, something new that would tone my mind and eyes. Whether I was going to find that in dance, yoga, or the people wasn't something I felt the need to plan. I have learned a lot from being out here in a culture that is so different from home. If you're able to keep your mind clear of preconceptions and go with the flow of the city, you will soon come to love Bombay. It is a safe city with lots of opportunities (the key is to know where to look, which does take some time), and people are very friendly and easy to get to know. Most importantly, I have certainly learned a lot about myself, and I am very grateful for having had the opportunity to broaden my mind. I can't wait to visit more of India while I am here.

I am currently a member at the Kaivalyadhama Yoga centre on Marine Drive. It is a peaceful place where most of its members come for a relaxing yoga session. Everyone does their own program over seen by the teachers".

Christa Powell with Sharuh khan
Christa Powell with Sharuh Khan
Christa dances with Sharukh Khan at the Apsara Awards. Click here to see the full album.

Christa Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment