Logo

Logo

Thursday 1 November 2012

Paula Abdul Does GYROKINESIS®



On the episode, Paula says that she uses a GYROKINESIS® exercise machine to help stretch and take care of old dance injuries, and then shared her recipe for "Paula's Potion for Motion"--essentially a yummy-sounding, calcium-filled shake made with Greek yogurt, almond milk, banana, and kale.
And she also shares that she works out, she's a machine-hopper: "I have exercise ADD. Whenever I'm on the bike, I'm like, it would be much more fun if I were on the elliptical machine. So I start switching it. Sometimes I do 20 minutes, 20 minutes, 20 minutes. But then other times I go 10 minutes, 10 minutes, 10 minutes..."

Celebrity Health & Beauty Secrets! (Thursday 10/4) - Paula Abdul on Turning 50!
Celebrity Health & Beauty Secrets! (Thursday 10/4) - Paula Abdul on Turning 50!

Dr. Stork points out that she's cross-training--which is true! And fitness experts say there are plenty of benefits to be found in just 10 minutes of exercise, so it's not like it's a bad thing. But I've totally been in Paula's spot before: I'll hop from one exercise to another--not because it's time to move on to something new, necessarily, but because whatever I'm doing has gotten a bit boring.

1 comment: